The boys over at Bohemia Interactive have released lots of new information about Arma 3 on the game’s official website. Read More to see what we can look forward to.
“After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched. A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions…”
- There will once again be an open-ended campaign with multiple ways to play through the story
- Expect a huge array of military vehicles with authentic weapons systems to commandeer
- Better weapon kit customization and management; and loads of all different kinds of weapons to choose from.
- For first time the series will use the PhysX physics engine – should provide huge improvement to animation quality and depth – especially for vehicle simulation.
- Game maps will reflect real world geography – the website claims the game world is based on an authentic Mediterranean island (Possibly Malta?).
- Improved multiplayer support, “radical engine improvements,” and the return of the all-powerful mission editor (allowing one of the PC’s best modding communities to continue their work).
Also released are early game requirements and lots of new screenshots, check them out.
- OS Windows 7 / Vista
- CPU Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
- GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770, shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
- RAM 2 GB
- HDD 15 GB free space
- DirectX® 10 Required